How Exactly Does Low Level Laser Therapy Work? Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) has been clinically proven to promote hair growth in five different ways:
- Increases ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate) and protein synthesis. This causes the dead skin cells to fall off and promotes rapid reproduction of healthy cells.
- Increases blood circulation by more than 50%–following the FIRST treatment! This carries the vitamins, nutrients, and oxygen directly to the hair follicle, encouraging growth.
- Increases the capillary size, which is found just beneath the hair follicle. This causes an even greater flow of nutrients to the follicle.
- Causes cell proliferation (growth). Imitating a super cell, these cells grow stronger and faster. In turn, the cells reproduce more often.
- Combats dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which is the leading cause of hair loss in Male and Female Pattern Baldness. The increase in protein synthesis improves cell permeability, allowing the cells to accept food and oxygen. This is the key to regrowth.
Can I get that in Laymen’s terms? Biological effects of laser light can strengthen damaged cells. Using photochemical processes, laser light inserts bio-photons into damaged cells. The cells begin to produce energy (ATP), which improves their function, assists their division, strengthens the body’s immune system and causes the secretion of various hormones. If damaged cells have died, the bio-photons help the division of neighboring cells, generating new tissues, and bring about hair growth.
Understanding Different Types of Lasers: There are two types of lasers: high power and low power. Most of us are familiar with the former. While high power lasers give off heat, low level lasers do not give off heat and use photo energy. For many years, leading hair restoration clinics and salons around the world have been using ‘cold-beam’ laser technology for individuals suffering from problem hair conditions. LLLT works by increasing blood flow to the scalp and hair follicles, encouraging hair volume and healthier looking hair.